St Martins Care Home…
From the moment you enter St Martins you can sense that it is a happy, warm and welcoming home. Just a 5 minute drive from Whitstable Harbour and 4 minute drive from Whitstable Station, St Martins Care Home offers a high standard of accommodation with 24 hour residential care for the elderly and people with dementia. Whether you chose to stay at St Martins permanently or just for a short break we will do everything possible to make your stay an enjoyable one.
The Manager of St Martins is Carole Obbard who has the overall responsibility for the day to day running of the Home.
St Martins is staffed by a team of dedicated and highly skilled carers, who are supported by the Manager, Deputy Manager, Activity Coordinator, Housekeepers, maintenance staff and the Catering Team.
Aims & objectives
- To recognise your potential, promote independence and maximise your abilities for self-care
- Promote positive risk taking as an essential part of everyday life while ensuring that there is a balance between risk and your safety and that of other residents
- Respect your right as a citizen particularly with regard to privacy, dignity, choice, security, independence, fulfilment and to be treated equally in an environment which values your cultural needs and is free from discrimination, bullying or harassment.
Philosophy of care
We recognise that the number of years lived does not prescribe how a person of a given age should live, behave, think or feel. We will value your life experience and knowledge and work in partnership with you to plan your care, which will include opportunities for fulfilment and responsible risk taking.
We encourage residents to personalise their room to make it more like their own home with the addition of small items of furniture, personal effects, photographs and pictures.
- 30 single bedrooms
- 27 with en-suite facilities
- Large TV lounge
- Quiet lounge
- Dining room
- In-house commercial laundry facilities
- Regular entertainment
- Seasonal menu
- Visiting hairdresser, chiropodist, aroma therapist, dentist and optician
- Enclosed secure garden
- Attractive outdoor spaces
- Specialist lifting and bathing equipment
"There is a friendly, relaxed but efficient atmosphere in the home".
"I am very pleased that we chose St Martins. We visited several others but St Martins had that special atmosphere that we felt was just right. The staff are now like friends & family to me and my family, we could not ask for more".
"I was most impressed and very grateful for the kindness, understanding and care given to my father while he was at St Martins."